Are you enjoying making accessories? Discover what type of cheap accessories you can make and sell online on Etsy! Making accessories from found items and fabric scraps can be inexpensive and fun at the same time. You don’t need expensive materials or tools to make a modern and chic necklace or bracelet. All you need to do is search through your old jewelry and find something that is too old to wear now but too pretty to throw it away. These are the types of materials you need. Go through your jewelry and use every piece of accessory you can find, including an earring without its partner, a necklace that lost its chain, and etc. Once you will gather enough materials it is time to start creating your own handmade jewelry.
Additional Reading: Learn How to Make Money by Selling Your Products on Etsy
In order to begin with designing the accessories, you need needle and thread.
One type of cheap accessory you can make is a flower brooch. Use an old brooch, add ribbons and lace. It is easy, simple, cheap, and stylish at the same time. You can start selling flower brooches once you will open the Etsy shop and determine whether or not your customers like your style. Follow these steps and make a flower brooch from scratch:
- Cut a few strips of fabric – The strips should be about a ½ inch wide and 4 inches long. The length and wide of the strips will determine the size of the end product.
- You can experiment with various sizes until you get the dimensions you want.
- Once you will cut the strips, lay them out next to one another.
- Determine the center of the strip and ensure the length between both ends is the same.
- Make a running stitch to the center of the strip by using a matching thread. Gather the stitch and pull the strips into a pom pom form. Keep in mind that you may need to make more than one pom pom. It depends on how big your want the brooch to be and how dense the flower will be.
- Attach it to a pin back – You can attach it to a pin back or sew it for a better security.
Are you inspired enough? Are you ready to make your own accessories now and sell them on Etsy? Start today and make your creations stand out! Good luck!
— Mystic Gemz (@mysticgemz77) 5 de abril de 2017